We hear it all the time… The phone rings and it goes something like this…
Patient: Hi, Yes, I heard about Advantage Therapy from a friend and you were able to really help her with sciatica… and I’ve been having the same problem… I think it’s sciatica! I want to schedule an appointment.
Melanie: I’m sorry to hear you’re having pain. Let’s get an appointment scheduled. Do you have a doctor’s order?
Patient: A doctor’s order? No. Can’t I just come in?
The State of Missouri requires a doctor’s order to come to Physical Therapy or Occupational Therapy
Look folks… we don’t like the rule, either! Regardless of whether we are filing insurance or if you’re paying cash for your visits… A doctor’s order is required in Missouri. A variety of medical professionals can write an order for therapy. Here’s a list of the providers that can sign a referral:
- MD or DO (It can be your family doctor/primary care physician, surgeon, or a specialist)
- FNP (Nurse Practitioner)
- PA (Physician’s Assistant)
- DDS or DMD (Yep, your dentist can sign an order)
- DC (Chiropractor)
- DPM (Podiatrist)
Additionally, it doesn’t matter which hospital or clinic your doctor works for… or if they have their own independent practice… we accept any doctor’s order.
How do I get my doctor to send an order to Advantage Therapy?
We recommend that you call your doctor’s office and leave a message for the nurse requesting an order be faxed to us. Over the years we have found that it is helpful if you leave our fax number in your message. It is 417-889-0980.
If you’d like, we would be happy to send a blank referral form to your physician.
Maybe your doctor handed you a referral when he left the room… this is the best case scenario! Just call us now to schedule!
Why should I come to Advantage Therapy for my back pain?
That’s the million dollar question! Here are a few reasons why patients and doctors choose Advantage Therapy to treat back pain, neck pain, migraines, chronic pain, balance problems and more…
- 4 convenient locations in South Springfield, MO; North Springfield, MO; Monett, MO; and Ozark, MO.
- Our clinics see patients as early as 7:00 a.m. and as late as 6:00 p.m. We get it… time is money. Many people simply cannot take off work to attend medical appointments. We understand and have adjusted our hours to get patients in before they go to work, and after they get off work.
- Results! We take a different approach to pain, and we know you’ll see the difference. Our hands-on manual therapy approach is effective in treating acute injuries like sprains and strains as well as unexplained chronic pain. Read these patient stories to hear why patients have chosen to come to Advantage Therapy and the results they have experienced. Another great way to find reviews on our clinics is on Advantage Therapy’s Facebook page!
- Not sold? Maybe a free personalized pain assessment is best for you. Come in, talk with a therapist, find out if we can help and how we will do it. Fill out this simple form and we’ll be in touch to get your free assessment scheduled at the clinic most convenient for you.
The #1 thing you should know about getting an order for PT or OT
Getting an order for therapy is just like asking your doctor to write a prescription for medication.
Think of it this way…
You ask your doctor for prescription medication to treat seasonal allergies. No big deal, right?
Your doctor agrees and asks you one simple question…
“Which pharmacy do you prefer?”
You see, getting an order for therapy can be compared to getting an order for prescription medication. Remember that it is the patient’s choice where to attend therapy just as it is the patient’s choice where they would like their medications filled.
Most people don’t know this because they aren’t asked if they have a preference!
Be educated about your choices when it comes to YOUR healthcare.
Have questions about how all this order stuff works? Call Melanie at Advantage Therapy at 417-889-4800. She’ll get your questions answered and help you obtain an order for therapy.
Our job is to help you get on the road to a pain-free life. Let us know what we can do for you!
Tags: advantage therapy springfield mo - Advantage Therapy, physical therapy springfield mo - Advantage Therapy, occupational therapy springfield mo, back pain ozark mo, back pain monett mo, back pain springfield mo, back pain treatment springfield mo, back pain treatment ozark mo, doctors order springfield mo, best physical therapy springfield mo