Keto Chicken Soup: Easy & Healthy Keto Recipe
Talk about delicious! On a blustery day dish up a bowl of this to your friends and family. Just 20 minutes from start to serving when the chicken is thawed out.
Note: Be sure to purchase real Parmigiana Reggiano for the best culinary experience as well as maintaining the health benefits of the grass-fed cheese.
- 1 large chicken breast or 2 small boneless chicken breasts- pan seared and torn apart into smaller bite size chunks after cooked
- 4 TBSP grass-fed butter
- 16 ounces of chicken broth
- 1 cup water (may only need if homemade chicken broth is too rich)
- ½ cup white wine (I used a buttery Chardonnay but a drier white such as Chablis would work well and keep the carbs a little lower )
- 1 small sweet onion- sliced in 1/8 inch pieces
- 1- 8 oz package of Portobello mushrooms sliced
- 4 garlic cloves- chopped or minced
- 2 cups fresh kale
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Fresh sliced real Parmigiana Reggiano
Let’s make it:
- Take out 2 medium sized frying pans and place over medium heat. Melt 2 TBSP butter in each pan. In one pan place the chicken and in the other place the onions, mushrooms and garlic.
- In a medium sized sauce pan on a separate burner place the 16 ounces of chicken broth and water; begin to heat it.
- Meanwhile, cook the chicken evenly and all the way through sprinkling with salt and pepper as it is cooking. After chicken is cooked, gently break apart with 2 forks into bite sized pieces.
- Meanwhile, stir the mushroom mixture until the onions begin to brown. Once browned place mushroom mixture and pulled chicken into the broth sauce pan.
- Allow it to come to a simmer, add kale and wine. Simmer a few minutes longer and allow the kale to reduce down.
- Serve hot with sliced or chunked Parmigiana. For best results allow the Parmigana to begin to melt in the hot soup before eating. Salt and Pepper to taste further.
Curious about how nutrition plays a role in our body’s overall function and wellness? Have you ever wondered if what you eat effects your aches & pains? Schedule a session with our in-house nutrition expert Angela Jenkins, RD! She is extremely knowledgeable and a fantastic resource for our patients. Her focuses include nutrition for eating for pain management, leaky gut, cardiovascular health, and weight loss. Call the clinic at 417-889-4800 to schedule an appointment with Angela!
Tags: advantage therapy springfield mo - Advantage Therapy, keto chicken soup, angela jenkins dietitian, advantage therapy nutrition, advantage therapy gut health, angela jenkins advantage therapy, keto chicken soup springfield mo